Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
This is a Tex-Mex casserole dish that will be eaten up so fast. It is petty simple to make.
It is assembled just like a Lasagna dish.
Only differnece is that we use Corn Tortillas.
* 10 – 7 inch corn tortillas
* 1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
* 1 lb. Cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1 pt. sour cream
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1 packet taco seasoning
* 1 cup mayo.
* 1/4 green onions, chopped (garnish)
* 1 can Rotel, drained (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cook chicken, shred, and cool.
3. Mix shredded chicken, sour cream, chicken broth, taco seasoning, mayo, 3/4 of cheddar cheese, and salt & pepper in a bowl.
4. Lightly grease a 9×9 casserole dish.
5. Place 2 corn tortillas on bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Cover with chicken mixture.
7. Repeat until all tortillas are gone. Note: The final layer should be 2 tortillas.
8. Place drained Rotel and remaining cheddar cheese on top.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 45 min.
10. Remove foil and place under broiler for 3-5 mins.
11. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Tips from Chef Bek:
* Boil your chicken to prevent from overcooking.
* If Rotel is not available, use a can of Mexican Stewed Tomatoes.
Black Bean Corn Salsa Recipe
Salsa does just not have to be served with the traditional tortilla chips anymore. This black bean corn salsa is a great addition to any meal, or dish. Best of all, it is a fat free and low calorie accompaniment.
* 1 can black beans – drained and washed
* 1 can corn – drained
* 1/2 cup diced red onion
* 1/4 cup diced jalapenos
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 2 large tomatoes – diced
* 2 cloves garlic – chopped
* salt and pepper to taste
Wash all your veggies, drain all your canned goods, and cut as described. Combine all into a plastic or glass container.
Chill in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.
Tip From Chef Bek:
Do not use a metal container to store the salsa. The acids in the lime juice and tomatoes will have a reaction with the metal.
* Serve with warm tortilla chips.
* Serve as a sauce for fresh fish.
* Wrap in a warm tortilla with chicken, sliced avocado, and lettuce.
* Place inside a breakfast omelet.
* Add to a bed of mixed greens with some crushed tortilla chips.
Interested in building a blog or auto-blog like this one ? Or just want to order one ? Join our "Blogging Tips Tricks and Resources Skype" Group and let's chat about it.
Interested in Starting your own Roku TV Channel ? Or interested in learning how to build one ? Join our "Roku TV Channel Development" Skype Group and let's chat about it.
If you enjoyed our content, we'd really appreciate some "love" with a share or two.
And ... Don't forget to have fun!